Thursday, September 01, 2005

update

-Miss S made it to South Carolina. She's learned that her street is not flooded, but she's decided she's moving back to New Jersey.

-AD & company are fine in Lafayette, althought they sound like they're driving each other nuts. They mostly all live in the Bywater, which is in pretty bad shape according to the NYT.

-I can't get in touch with my landlady. She was staying in the same building in Mid City as AD's friend Jonathan, who also hasn't been heard from. Mid City and Esplanade Ridge are totally underwater.

-I had some hope for my house till I saw pictures of flooding on Napolean Avenue.

-Tulane's website is back, sorta. I called the law school at Washington University today to ask if they'd heard anything. They said that Tulane and Loyola were both still hoping to salvage the semester, but if not they would try to spread the students around to other law schools. So maybe I could stay here and go to Washington or to Saint Louis University, or go stay with JT and attend the University of Georgia.

I decided that I will finish school at Tulane as long as there is a Tulane, but I'm not going to put down new roots in New Orleans. I'm glad my house purchase fell through. The rest of my life is going to play out elsewhere, even though I will always miss what it was.

No comments: