Sunday, October 02, 2005

Home

My neighbors are going home. The news this morning was about people moving back into New Orleans and about bars and clubs reopening. Besides Bourbon Street, they mentioned Molly's in the Quarter and the Maple Leaf, which is two blocks from my house.

I wish I could go home right now, today. I'm working almost as hard as I would be in law school and I'm enjoying it much less. Some of what I'm doing is interesting, but teaching the ACT to high school students sucks big donkey balls.

In the spring, we're going to have classes six days a week. I'm stressed out just thinking about it. I need a massage and a vacation.

I hope K doesn't change her mind about letting me keep the house. I hope she doesn't decide to raise the rent. Rents have quadrupled in the parts of town that are liveable. And even though we dodged a bullet in the flood, I'm still a bit worried about mold.

The car is great. Getting it licensed in Missouri is proving to be a big pain in the ass. I'm scared I'm going to wreck it in the insane traffic around here. But it's great. There's this little built-in tool kit, each tool in its special slot, attached to the inside of the trunk lid. On the dash, there's a gauge that tells you how many miles per gallon you're getting at any particular moment. It's a good-looking, good-driving car. I'm happy with it.

No comments: