Friday, October 21, 2005

And I'm off...

Finally, at long last, I'm leaving for DC tomorrow. I don't know what to expect of the job and I should be nervous, but I can only worry about what's in front of me and I'm not there yet. I'm sure it will be an interesting experience and I can only hope that I don't prove to be totally incompetent at the work.

I think I'm going to go to NYC for my birthday and to Pennyslvania to see my sister and other assorted relatives for Thanksgiving.

In the meantime, Miss S has been to New Orleans and and back. On the way back, she left with the feeling that she was making a collossal mistake, that New Orleans is home and she didn't want to leave. But of course, it's not like she's banished forever. She can come back when she's ready. Right now there's not many options for making a living there.

I feel reassured by her reluctance to leave--it means New Orleans still has some of its old power to draw you in and hold you there. The main reason she didn't want to leave, though, is because she met two guys there in one week, and she thought one of them was particularly promising.

The other one is living in what used to be Miss L's old apartment, next door to my old apartment. It's a small town, after all, and now it's even smaller.

No comments: