Thursday, June 09, 2005

Playlist

Last night I substituted for Michael Dominici on his Moodswing show. It was really fun to have the open format.

Some callers asked me to post my playlist on WWOZ's website. I typed it up, but the webmaster is AWOL and you can't post anything there without his approval. So I shall post it here, in case anyone reading wants some ideas about something new to listen to, and so I will know where to find it if the webmaster returns.

There's more to write about--later tonight, perhaps.

Prince “Reflection,” Musicology
Prince “I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man,” Sign o the Times
Pleasure Club “One Hand Washes the Other,” Here Comes the Trick
Lucinda Williams “Essence,” Essence
Esther Phillips “I Got it Bad and That Ain’t Good,” Black Eyed Blues
Alex Chilton “My Rival,” Like Flies on Sherbet
Egg Yolk Jubilee “Reefer Man,” Champions of Breakfast
Morning 40 Federation “Bottom Shelf Blues,” Morning 40 Federation
Ray Charles “Let’s Go Get Stoned” Very Best of Ray Charles
Nina Simone “Don’t Smoke in Bed,” The Ultimate Nina Simone
Aretha Franklin “A Brand New Me,” Atlantic box
Anita O’Day “Sweet Georgia Brown,” Once Upon a Summertime
Ruben Gonzalez “Mandinga,” Introducing…Ruben Gonzalez
Carlos Puebla, Santiago Martinez and Pedro Sosa “Amorosa Guajira,” La Bodeguita del Medio
Los Super Seven “La Sirena,” Los Super Seven
Los Super Seven with Caetano Veloso “Baby,” Canto
Cassandra Wilson “Harvest Moon,” New Moon Daughter
Bob Dylan “On a Night Like This,” Biograph
Red Stick Ramblers “Sweet & Slow,” Right Key Wrong Keyhole
Steve Earle “South Nashville Blues,” I Feel Alright
Stoney Edwards “Pickin Wildflowers,” From Where I Stand: The Black Experience in Country Music
Lorette Velvette “Oh How it Rained,” Rude Angel
Ann Peebles “I Can’t Stand the Rain,” The Best of Ann Peebles: Hi Records Years
Eva Cassidy “Wade in the Water,” Songbird
Nick Drake “Free Ride,” Pink Moon
Emmy Lou Harris “Sweet Old World,” Wrecking Ball

No comments:

Blog Archive