Monday, June 20, 2005

On the other radio station

I think Dave Pirner was the deejay on WTUL this morning from 8 to 10. Or I was hallucinating. When I turned on the radio, he was talking about a member of Soul Asylum who apparently died last week. Then played a set for him. Anyway, whether it was Pirner or not, he did a great show. I didn't recognize most of what he played, or recognized it only vaguely, except for a Graham Parker song near the end. Then he messed things up for the next deejay by not programing the CD player so it wouldn't keep playing, and the following deejay babbled on about how it didn't matter because he was just excited to be in the same room as Dave Pirner.

Odd. Well, the WTUL schedule lists the deejay in that slot as one David G. Is "G" Pirner's middle initial or was that just a one-off deal? Perhaps I've been starting my Mondays off with him all along and didn't know it. I thought you were supposed to be affiliated with Tulane to be on WTUL.

These days I listen to WTUL more than WWOZ. It's good to live in a town where there are two good options, not including the NPR affiliate.

No comments:

Blog Archive