Sunday, June 26, 2005

The night's itinerary

Just for the sake of my own memory, and to track what might happen to my boho lifestyle, when I post I'm going to start listing the places I've been that day, and maybe what records I was listening to and so forth.

Today I stayed home during the daytime. I made the mistake of cooking both lunch and dinner at home, and the heat hasn't dissipated. These are the days for eating out or making salads.

In the evening:
One Eyed Jacks, a wrap party for a film S was working on. Free food and drinks and a highly competent but uninteresting funk cover band
Oswalds, just looked in. This is Harry Anderson's new place where El Matador used to be, dammit. We saw Harry onstage through the rips in the window curtains. Twenty dollar cover.
Cafe Rose Nicaud on Frenchmen Street, had some wonderful ginger limeade.
Looked in on Kermit Ruffins at the Blue Nile, but cover was $10 and we were broke.
Checkpoint Charlie, some girl punk band, not my thing but not bad--always nice to see a girl playing the guitar for a change instead of hanging around to suck the guitar player's dick.

No comments:

Blog Archive