Saturday, June 03, 2006

A new hurricane season

I've been asked a couple of times in the last few days whether I was still writing this blog. Well, obviously, I haven't been really, and I didn't think that anyone in particular missed it. Neverfear, I'm still just as wordy as ever.

I've found it too depressing and overwhelming to be a good reporter of life in post-Katrina New Orleans. I will note that at the moment there's a man ranting outside about how saving the wetlands is a racist concern, the white man's way of getting rid of black neighborhoods.

Now that my private life has a regular someoe in it, I feel awkward about airing it out here, though there would be plenty to air out. For the record, it looks like Mr. M will have his operation in late August. If it goes well, things should be much better for him and we will have a chance at having a normal relationship. The bad news is that he's been pretty sick for the last few months.

Lastly, of course, law school has a way of taking over your life. I survived my first semester and while I'm dissappointed to report I'm not at the very top of my class, I'm safely in the top half and I hope to do better this time.

Anyway, this blog was excellent for keeping in touch with people during the evacuation last year. I will at the very least use it again for that purpose, and maybe some other ones as well.

No comments: