Monday, June 05, 2006

Accident prone

Last night I fell down my own front steps and twisted my left ankle rather badly. Today I can't walk and I'm staying home from school. I wonder if I should go to the clinic. This is the third time I've sprained an ankle since February. Also, last week I missed getting hit by a pickup truck by about six inches when I was crossing the street.

I don't feel much more distracted than usual, but I am having many more mishaps.

And I feel isolated and disconnected. I wish there was someone here to take care of me today. I realize the number of people I can call is limited, and I should save the favor-asking for tomorrow if I decide I need to go to the clinic. If I hurt it bad enough to need a cast, I won't be able to drive (my car has a standard transmission) or bike and I'll need to bum rides or take a cab to go anywhere.

I've always chosen to live alone and protect my privacy, but there's a cost to that--no one to take care of me when I need it!

No comments: