Monday, July 18, 2005

My summer of romantic embarrassment

What was I saying about how maybe the UD was only interested in my musical knowledge and old-school savvy? I invited him to hear the Haunted Hearts at the Circle Bar. He'd never heard of the band but liked them a lot. It was fun, but when the show was over he bolted--I mean he practically ran away. Am I really that freaking scary? Jeez.

In other news, my sinuses are staging a violent revolt against being back in New Orleans. I was sick all weekend. Managed to do a little packing between bouts of hacking up phlegm. Every practical matter regarding leaving my job, moving and starting school is proving to be a complete pain in the ass.

Send money, antihistamines and handsome brave young men.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling...