Sunday, March 16, 2008

Girls who wear glasses

I’ve never skied. I was going to give it a try on this trip. However, I’ve had a contact lens emergency. My lenses were dried out after my very long trip in, and I tore off a piece of the left lens when I was taking them out. The next day I was determined to where them anyway, but the torn one was very irritating and ended up migrating behind my eyeball. Then I tore it even more while extricating it. So I am wearing my glasses, which are not quite the right prescription and offer no clear peripheral vision. I think this impaired vision makes skiing seem a bit too risky. Plus, it’s flipping expensive to get a lift ticket and rent all the equipment and get a beginner lesson. Instead, I spent my money on a massage, but more on that later.

Despite the limited vision, I’m kind of liking my glasses. I guess I’m less inclined to hide my wonky intellectual librarian side these days. Tina Fey is an inspiration--she’s smart, funny, fortyish, glasses-wearing and hot. And, even though I still prefer Obama, I appreciated her pro-bitch, pro-Hillary rant.

So I didn’t ski, I just rode the gondola to the top of the mountain. It was perfect--natural beauty without pain or injury. And today I got a Swedish massage from a young, adorable, strong-handed young man with a Northern European accent (perhaps actually Swedish?) I didn’t want him to ever stop. My favorite thing is when he pulled on my arms and fingers. I can’t explain why that feels so good. When it was over I could barely stand up. In short, it was better than 95 percent of the sex I’ve had. A regular good massage from a strong-handed man, coupled with weekly swing-dancing, could fulfill my need for physical contact and attention from men. I’m still hoping for good sex, but massage and dancing make it easy to resist unsatisfying, uninteresting regrettable sex.

No comments: