Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A good day

Now that I'm sort of semi-settled here, I'm more aware and appreciative of what an amazing opportunity this is. I had only one week of law school, and I'm working at the Justice Department. And I like it. I'm enough of a dork to find the work fun. I guess I'm in a good mood because an attorney is very happy with me for finding a case that he overlooked that helps him a lot. But I was in a good mood this morning, too, walking to work with the Capitol and the Washington Monument in view. DC is growing on me.

Without Katrina I wouldn't have this opportunity. I can't say the price was worth it, but since Katrina has happened and can't be undone, there's nothing wrong with appreciating the silver lining.

Also, I haven't had any sinus problems since I left New Orleans. Unfortunately, now I'm getting a cold.

No comments: