Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Got nothing

This is the fourth and last week of the writing contract, and tonight is the first time I’ve felt that I had to write something but didn’t know what. The book Writing Alone and With Others has been interesting and helpful but I don’t have the energy to look at it right now. I’m so tired and I have to get up early to take the car to the BMW dealer. I’m annoyed because I still don’t have a check or estimate from the insurance company. Probably I will use the money to fix the mechanical stuff instead of the body work, unless it all adds up to less than I expect. My yoga teacher’s daughter drives an old BMW, and when she took it in for repairs to the dealer, they gave her a new one as a loaner!!! That’s one reason to take it to the dealer, which is not something I would usually do except that I’ve taken it to so many different mechanics and they don’t seem to be consistent in what they tell me. Plus, it turns out the dealer’s labor rate is not that much higher than an independent garage. So we’ll see what they say. If they let me drive a new 1-series I’ll be the happiest girl in the world.

I will graduate in six-and-a-half weeks. Holy crap. I’m not ready, emotionally or practically. Last week I had an interview with a firm in Charleston. I liked the interviewer. I might like Charleston, but it’s kind of expensive and upscale, maybe too upscale to be interesting. On the other hand, it’s damn near as steamy as New Orleans and they get hurricanes, too. I think it might be too late to register for the summer bar exam in South Carolina, which is inconvenient. Anyway, I accepted the temporary job in Richmond so that’s still the default.

No comments: