Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A higher circle of hell

My sister broke up with her fiance. I don't know the whole story, but I'm sorry to hear it. He's a sweet guy and they seemed to suit each other. My sister is really very cool and a unique person, and it might be that he really wasn't quite good enough in some ways. He wasn't super intelligent. But at the same time, sometimes my sister seems congenitally incapable of being happy. Or, like my mother, chronically dissatisfied with perfectly nice men who try to make them happy. I hope to avoid that particular pathology.

I didn't get my cash, but I got the new credit card, which is almost as good. Got the car back. Remembered how much I love my car. Got a new bag of dog food just in the nick of time.

It's summer in New Orleans, which means a big dramatic thunderstorm every afternoon. I love that pounding tropical rain. Even if it does make big mosquito-incubating puddles everywhere.

My scholarship is safe for now. I talked to the dean of student about how I can learn to get a few A's and keep it safe.

It's too bad about the lost almost brother-in-law, but otherwise things got a little bit less hellish today.

No comments: