Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My *&^*% mother!

There's no solution to this problem and maybe no point in even writing about it, but once again I am annoyed and upset after a short and seemingly innocuous conversation with my mother, aka The Underminer. She doesn't mean any harm, she doesn't know she's doing it, or maybe I'm doing it to myself. Cognitive therapy has helped me a lot but it hasn't allowed me to conquer my mother's voice inside or outside my head. She managed to imply that going to law school was a mistake but too late but maybe someday I will find a job. I know that she gets to me only because she's amplifying my own depressed and self-undermining voice. The best solution I can manage is to avoid talking to her, but I'm afraid that after she's gone I'll regret avoiding her. I keep thinking that when I get a job and the crisis passes I will be more able to interact with her without going over the edge.

No comments: