Sunday, January 08, 2006

Here I am

First of all, let me say that I had a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful time with Mr. M. It just works with him, we seem to go together very nicely, despite the trauma and drama and difficulties and obstacles working against us. It's hard to see him suffer, and to see him aging on fast forward. And my own romance-induced insecurities raised made a little appearance and almost caused a junior spatlet. But he was very kind and good to me and sweet and funny.

So I have stopped second-guessing my feelings for him. I've dated to the point of exhaustion and I know how rare this is and I love him. That doesn't guarantee everything's going to work out. But he's the one I want, or I'll take old-maidhood.

No sooner did I get home, though, than my dad called and wanted me to come get Hank and Miss P. Which I did. Now they are both back with me and seem happy to be here. They both doubled in size during their suburban sojourn.

And now school is upon me. I have homework today and classes tomorrow. It's already having the desired effect of keeping me too busy to notice the condition of the city around me. I want to be a good correspondent on post-Katrina life in New Orleans, but I may barely be a correspondent at all.

No comments: